Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Holiday Ice cream 🍁


Call me crazy, or maybe I can call it a "Christmas in July," kind of post while I can, but I'm getting the itch to do some pre-fall/holiday cooking.

This year I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house, and having a spectacular menu is my goal. I cook Thanksgiving every year, but usually at my moms. I've made plenty of mistakes, trying recipes for the first time, overwhelming myself with way too many side dishes, and completely forgetting about a recipe, being left with a bushel of green beans that never made it to the table. So this year, I'm testing a few recipes every weekend, so everything is tried and tweaked come turkey day.

Holiday Ice Cream: 

-3/4 c. Sugar
-2 1/2 cups. Whole milk
-1/2 c. Heavy cream
-1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract 
-1 tsp. Almond Extract (take in that yummy holiday smell)
-1 Tbs. Cinnamon
-1/2 tsp. Kosher salt


Put everything into a large bowl. Whisk until sugar is combined and dissolves. Add into your ice cream maker and use according to your machine's instructions.
(About 20 minutes). Transfer into an airtight container, top with extra cinnamon if you are obsessed like me, and put in the freezer to set. 

* The ice cream is very milky, almost like chick fil a ice cream. So if you are looking for a thick and creamy custard this is not it..
Enjoy 🌞



No comments:

Post a Comment