Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weeknight Mustard Fish

Just a quick post today, as my forearms are shaking from clipping hedges all week. Gotta love rental homes with hedges that have been untouched for months..maybe years. My bushes are as tall as my hedges and my hedges are as tall as trees.

Last night I made the fish I usually make during the week, it's easy and my husband and I aren't into buying expensive fish so tilapia is usually on the menu.

Ingredients 
-4 tilapia filets; or about a pound of a white fish
-1 cup of good mayo (I use light)
-1 small container of grain mustard (or a Dijon)
-The juice of 1/2 a lemon
-1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
-1/2 tsp pepper (to taste)
-1 TBS sweet relish
-olive oil

-I served this with roasted green beans. 

Directions

1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. 
2. Spray a cooking sheet or 9x11 Pyrex with non stick spray (or cover with tin foil for easy clean up). 
3. Lay fish in one single layer not overlapping (skin side down if not using tilapia) 
4. Drizzle olive oil over fish.
5. Add about 1 tsp of grainy mustard on each filet.
6. Place in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until fish is opaque white and flakes with a fork. (If doing green beans throw these in the oven too with olive oil and kosher salt).

Sauce directions 

1. Mix mayo, 1 TBS grain mustard, lemon, salt, pepper, relish. 
2. Spread on fish right before serving with a lemon wedge. 

🌞





No comments:

Post a Comment